Soya Chunks Curry / Meal Maker Recipe | Weight Loss Recipes | Indian High Protein Recipes
Soya Chunks Curry, or Soy Curry is a very healthy recipe for you to make & eat. Whether you’re looking to lose inches or gain some muscle. Meal Maker Curry is a Kerala Cooking inspired recipe, which brings the goodness of coconut milk. I’d be making more recipes for weight loss in the coming days, if you want more, make sure to like the video to let me know 🙂
Get Coconut Milk at Amazon :
Get Mini Soya Chunks at Amazon :
Soya Chunks – 1 cup (mini preferred)
Ghee – 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
Curry Leaves – 4-5
Garlic – 4-5 pods (chopped)
Green Chili – 1 (roughly diced)
Onion – 2 (sliced)
Salt – to season
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp (kashmiri preferred)
Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
Yogurt – 1/4 cup
Coconut Milk – 1 cup
• Soak Soya Chunks for 20 mins, then boil for 5 mins in fresh water with salt. Rinse & Squeeze 5 times, keep aside in water.
• In a pan, heat up ghee. Once hot, add in the mustard seeds, as they splutter, next goes in curry leaves, green chili and garlic.
• Add in the sliced onions, season with salt and cook till golden.
• Season well with Red Chili Powder, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala and Turmeric. Roast the spices well for a minute or two.
• Turn off the flame, add in the smooth yogurt and place the lid.
• After a minute, turn on the flame, add in coconut milk and soya chunks. Remember to squeeze out water from soya chunks before adding.
• Pour in some water to the curry and boil away for 10-15 mins. Serve Hot!
Soy is controversial. Some believe that it contains higher levels of estrogen, and can interfere with male hormones. And some don’t. I believe in having all & everything, though controlled limits. Anything in excess is bad for you. Remember to not only use Soy as your sole protein source, that’ll not be good for you. More healthy recipes on the way 🙂
Here’s an informative video on Soy & Estrogen for you from Ranveer at BeerBiceps :
Ranveer bro, if you’re here reading this, You’re doing a great job. Keep it up 🙂